User Interface Specification:
Author: Gabriel Tichy
Smart Enter inside String
$Revision: 1.3 $
- Table of Contents:
When the user is typing a string and wants to insert a new line (where he wants
to continue typing of the string), it's convenient to provide smart split, i.e
to ensure that the source code remains in a consistent state.
If Enter is pressed inside a string, the line is splitted as normally, but some additional characters are added automatically onto two places:
- a closing quote with + sign at the end of the splitted line
- an opening quote at the beginning of the second line
- indentation works as usually
- all white characters are preserved (it's the difference from the normal Enter)
- caret is moved after the opening quote
Undo is working exactly in the opposite direction.